Szczecin is located in the northwestern part of Poland, at only a 20 minute drive from the German border. It has good road and rail connections to Berlin, Gdansk and Poznan, and has an airport near the town of Goleniów, 46 kilometers northeast of the Szczecin city center.
- Arrival at Goleniów airport (ca. 40 km from Szczecin), shuttle bus service from the airport to the centre of Szczecin
- Arrival in Warsaw (Warszawa Okęcie, ca 520 km from Szczecin), direct train to Szczecin
- Arrival in Berlin (Tegel and Schönefeld airports to be replaced by Berlin-Brandenburg International soon; ca 150 km from Szczecin).
It is possible to get from the airports to Szczecin by a bus service (one-way ticket: ca. 40-80 PLN)– the service is offered by:
phone: +48 91 48 50 422 +48 608 33 02 33
It is possible to reserve the tickets from abroad.
The arrival station: SZCZECIN GŁÓWNY (main station, Hbf)
- IC, EIC connections from Warsaw (Warszawa Centralna)
- Direct connections from Gdańsk and Świnoujście (ferry terminals)
- Connections from Berlin
For connections and timetables see www.pkp.pl (Polish service) or www.bahn.de (German service).