VISA FOR STUDY PURPOSES
A non-Polish student must hold a visa valid for the duration of studies (at least the first year of studies), which is a document entitling him/her to stay in Poland. The procedure of obtaining a visa should be consulted at the consular office of the Republic of Poland, applicable to the consular district of the place of residence.
To obtain a student visa student should submit in the Polish consular office along with other required documents:
- official decision on admission
- certificate of admission of a foreigner to University or a certificate of continuation of studies by a foreigner
- confirmation of accommodation in student house
For long-term study purposes it is recommended to apply for individual country visa "D" that allows a foreigner to enter a single country and stay within its borders for up to one year.
If you do not have a visa, then a temporary residence card
The card may be issued to a foreigner registered as a student at a Polish university. Holders of a temporary residence card do not need to present a visa. Detailed information on the procedure for granting a temporary residence permit and other formalities is available on the website of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship Office in Szczecin.
Documents necessary to apply for a temporary residence permit in connection with studies:
• application for a temporary residence permit
• confirmation of student status
• a photocopy of all written pages of the travel document,
• 4 current colour photographs 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm,
• proof of payment of stamp duty,
• proof of a stable and regular source of income,
• proof of health insurance.
Stamp duty for residance permit is 340 złoty. The payment should be made to the following account and the original confirmation should be attached to the application.
Urząd Miasta Szczecin Wydział Podatków i Opłat Lokalnych,
Pl. Armii Krajowej 1, 70 – 456 Szczecin
20 1020 4795 0000 9302 0277 9429
West Pomeranian Voivodeship Office in Szczecin
Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigner
Waly Chrobrego 4